Saturday, March 04, 2006

A truly successful evening at the Stephanie Weill Center for the Unity Concert. Several people that I knew stopped me to tell me they liked my song, Beacon of Hope. AND I must tell you that the only standing ovation of the evening, and there were many really talented and wonderful performers was when our combined choirs sang the song You Raise Me Up.

I don't think that I posted the words to the song that I wrote for the Unity Concert. So here they are. If I did. Well - you have them twice.

BEACON OF HOPE


I.

We are all but a shadow in life.
We are cast by the light of the Lord
Made tall by the strength of His love.
As we go out as Jesus commands.
May we reach out our hands to the poor
To the lonely, the sick, the afraid.
To the families and neighbors we know
And to those who are lost in despair.


CHORUS

I'm the kiss of the breeze on your cheek
I'm the choir of avian songs
You can find me in flowering fields
And the gentle soft fingers of dawn

II.

When thunder and lightning surround
I’m beside you to calm all your fears
If the world is a frightening place
I'm the lighthouse that shines through the storm
Jesus taught you that Love is the Way
And by sharing the journey you grow
Heaven is coming safely home
With your hand in the hand of the Lord



A well planned event with local talent that was beautiful. We will probably be a part of it next year.

I also took a Doll Making Class from 10:30 to 2:00 which was fun. I have to finish the doll but have a good start and feel that she is rather nice. I made her a drindl skirt and a vest. She needs hair and finishing.

Enjoy your Sunday. I will. I can stay home except for Mass and I intend to be a bear and hibernate in my cave.

Love


Mary

No comments: