Thursday, March 02, 2006

It was slippery this morning. There was a sleety rain followed by snow on Wednesday night. Which left some ice. By the time we went grocery shopping, the plows had done the streets and spread ice so it wasn't too bad driving.

Tonight I went to choir. We are practicing for Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter and Beth will be on vacation for two weeks so we have a lot in the next two weeks. I will probably have to practice on my own a bit. Saturday we sing at the big Unity Concert at the Stephanie Weill Center. Dick has decided not to come because it is just too hard for him with open seating and all. He would have to come early and the concert is rather long also. Should be very good. All the talent is local. I understand that they will probably have a sold out theatre.

I remember Bret's 8th Grade Graduation. They had worked for several weeks on a song to sing together about moving on and wonderful things etc. etc. However, the kids did not like it. When it came time for their song, the pianist began her introduction and she played and played and played. Then, underneath the piano, I heard a little murmuring going on. There were at least 30 kids in that class, all "singing" and their total noise was not any louder than the buzz of a bee. I elbowed my ex husband and whispered. "They're singing!" He answered, "They are?" They sang a whole song without the audience hearing one single word.

Afterwards I told their teacher "Great Song" and laughed. He just shook his head and said that next year they would be sure the kids liked the music before scheduling.

Have a nice Friday. Mine is busy.

Mary

No comments: