Sunday, February 26, 2006

It was a quiet Sunday. Started out very cold. It was 9 degrees on the thermometer. It did warm up to the mid 20s by the time Chelsea and I walked.

I went to the 8AM Mass then visited with Mother until it was time to walk her over to church. She always has someone offer to walk her home but walking over is another story and there is just enough ice out there to make us nervous. People are SO good though to keep an eye on her. She went to the U W Theatre with her friend Helen Murphy to see Frankenstein this afternoon. That lady has a busy schedule, now you know that I come by it honestly.

Since Bobbie felt that spending time with Bill was more important than shooting and THEN to top it off Jim felt that going to meet a lady in Waukesha was more important than shooting, I decided to take a Sunday off also. I only have two more targets to shoot to complete league anyway and will be working next Friday so can finish up then.

This meant that I had an afternoon to more or less goof off. I sorted things on the desk and did some sewing. Tonight I watched the Dancing With the Stars Finale and was pleased with the winner. The last time, I felt that John O Hurley should have gotten it. I do enjoy that show which is odd because I don't much care for the reality shows and such. I hope they do it again next year but not before. It is especially good because it is not overdone.

I can't believe that Ash Wednesday is here this week. We will be decorating for Lent
tomorrow night. Should have a pretty good crew and there is less to do than with most of the decorating because simplicity is the name of the game.

Have a special week. Spring gets closer every day.

Love

Mary

No comments: