Saturday, March 11, 2006

It was a warm beautiful day today. Chelsea would disagree with me this afternoon when the rain and thunder swept through the county. The rain and the warm temperatures took care of much of the snow. Chelsea and I had a lovely walk this morning and now I know that spring is almost here. I saw a robin, I saw and heard the Red Winged Blackbird who spends his mornings on the corner of Morning Dove Cove AND the ducks are back.

I spent most of the day catching up on computer work. I had to transcribe the minutes for Rhine, get ready for Writer's CLub and several other things that have managed to pile up on my desk. I also baked the rhubarb pie for tomorrow's dinner.

Dick took me out for dinner tonight. We went to the China 8 Buffet in Taylor Heights. Does anybody know what the heck the 8 stands for. They do have a good buffet. People were really piling in that place. They are busy. We were glad that we went early.

It will be nice having Bobbie and Bill here for dinner. As I said the pie is done so I just have the rest of the meal to prepare tomorrow.


"Water to Wine"

An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut.

The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car. He says, "Sir, have you been drinking?"

"Just water," says the priest.

The trooper says, "Then why do I smell wine?"

The priest looks at the bottle and says, "Good Lord! He's done it again!"

***********************************************

Later - I'll give you an Irish joak until St. Patrick's Day. Only a few days now. ARE YOU READY!!!!!
Mary

No comments: