Thursday, March 09, 2006

We went grocery shopping today. That is always a production and we enjoyed our breakfast at Zana's. They were exceptionally busy and we ended up with much more food than we could eat. Oh Well, Could have been worse. We could have gotten totally the wrong thing.

I also swung by Joanne's Fabric and got new blades for my rotary cutters and a pillow form for a pillow top that I made on our trip to Kentucky. I ran out of stuff to do and bought a kit at a gift shop in Kentucky. I consisted of EVERYTHING necessary to make the pillow top except batting, thread and the form itself. And all the pieces were cut out and ready to go. The cutting out is always the most tedious part of making a quilt. I actually finished the assembly on the trip and just never got around to finishing it. Then when I took the free form quilting class, I put the top, backing and batting together and did some free arm quilting. It looks pretty good. As it is in pinks, I will put it on the bed in Waylon's room with the two pillows that Eileen made for Grandma Bowser years and years ago. It will blend well with them

Tomorrow is the bust up party at Rhine. Jim will get to go for the first time ever. He always has worked on Friday nights before this. I am making some Mac and Cheese for the Catholics who want to abstain from meat as the main dish is chicken. They will also have beans and cole slaw. The beans may be iffy but I can eat the cole slaw.

Hope your Friday is pleasant. It is raining right now. Temperatures are supposed to go up into the 50s in the next couple of days. God Willing.


Mary

No comments: