Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It was already light out when I got up this morning and the temperatures showed 35, so Chelsea and I decided to walk right away. We made it but it was rather iffy. The streets were slick in spots and I had to pick my way around. It's raining out there tonight. If it doesn't get to freezing we should be able to walk tomorrow. Probably when Dick and I get back from shopping though.

Choir got cancelled for this week because of a funeral. I can't say I am too disappointed. Things have been way to hectic lately and an extra night home is a blessing.

I went to quilt guild today. We doll makers from the class last Saturday wanted to share our creations. I finished my little doll this morning. When I get a picture, I will post it for you. The speaker today was from J& J Sewing in Sun Prairie. She collects antique quilts and brought them to share. She had a contract or something with the American Quilter. They feature her antique quilts (one at a time). She and her assistants recreate the quilts and provide kits to make the reproductions. A sweet deal. I must go to that shop one of these days. Sounds like a real treasure. She has about 70 quilts in her collection and showed a goodly number of them along with some of the repros. A nice program.

At the last meeting I attended, they had announced that there would be no quilt show this year. That has changed. The show will be on September 30. They got someone to come forward to chair it. Guess I had better get to work on my challenge block. I have to make three blocks for the Celtic Faire group quilt at church too.

I will share the quote from Cadfael's Book of Days by Robin Whitman today.

"Cadfael was not of the opinion that a man's main business in this world was to save his own soul. There are other ailing souls, as there are ailing bodies, in need of a hoist towards health."

Have a nice Thursday.

Mary

No comments: