Monday, March 06, 2006

It was still snowing steadily when we woke up this morning. It kept it up until about 11:00 while I was on my way home from Bible Study. They are predicting thick fog from midnight to 9:00AM. I hope that we can see when we get the emission check on the car at 8:00AM. It may get up into the 50s by the weekend.

It was quite a nice bible study. The reading all tied around the story in Genesis about Abraham when God asked him to sacrifice Isaac and then at the last minute "stayed the knife." Something pointed out in the notes what that this was the first and direct command from God not to use human beings for sacrifice to honor him.

We filtered the Lemon Balm Wine today. Tomorrow we will do the second filtering of the Concord Grape. We should get both the grape and the Lemon Balm bottled this week and then we can mix up the wild grapes that I have in the freezer. I have a new recipe that calls for banana. I figure this should mellow it. The first time I made wild grape it was rather harsh. One keeps trying.


Less than two weeks until St. Patrick's Day. Dick and I are going to meet Jeff and Kathy at the Dairy Queen in Plymouth for a steak sandwich and then go listen to Blarney on the 16th. Then on Friday, I will go back to Plymouth for the Irishman's Walk and a nice craic with as many Irish people that I can fine.

Love

Mary

No comments: