Sunday, February 05, 2006

Just finished watching Super Bowl. It is fun watching a game that you don't have a high stake in. We weren't even in any pools and frankly I didn't care who won. It was exciting anyway.

Also. Just got a call from Barb. I had tried to call earlier and gotten their answering service which did not give me a personalized message and confused me. When Barb called, I thought that she had picked up my jumbled message. She hadn't. She was calling me as she was driving back from the VA Hospital in Oklahoma City. Bart is there with an appendicitis attack. They are hoping, as only the tip of the appendix, that the infection will subside and they will not have to do surgery. We will have to pray. I will call him tomorrow and report tomorrow night.

Just an additional note on the French Pastries. I had not made them in years and they are still as delicious as I remembered but also MUCH messier. You can also make six instead of four or there is too much pudding and cream left over.

Dick's chili was a triumph again. We had it with garlic bread, chopped onion and grated cheese. Plenty left for a couple more meals.

Tomorrow is going to be run run run all day. Bible study, quilt class and Rhine Plymouth all in one day. How come everything always comes "to onest". I like that expression even if it is silly.

Alittle short poem- another Cin Quain.

Daffodils

Daffodils
Gilded trumpets
Swaying smiling shouting
First to herald the coming birth
Of SPRING.

We can hope and have that to look forward to. Actually, with all the warm weather we have had, the bulbs are already stirring. I see green on tulips and the day lilies. I really don't know what will happen if we get the cold and snow that will probably be with us durning the next two to three months. It is, after all, only the beginning of February. Snow has been recorded in Wisconsin as late as early May. There is an old adage that one should not plant a garden before Memorial Day to be sure that there is no danger of frost.

Love

Pray for my boy

Mary

No comments: