Friday, February 10, 2006

Still didn't get those pictures downloaded. But I had a great day. There was snow on the ground when I woke up this morning. Not a lot, just a dusting. It was not all that warm today, but a lot of it melted off anyway.

Went to the Sewing Basket for a second free arm quilting class called Beyond Basics. I learned a lot. We went into more complicated patterns and combining methods. I also got more fabric for the banner that I want to do for Celtic Mass and Fair this year (if I get it done.) If not this year, it will be ready for next year I am sure. Actually, now that I have it in my head, I probably will get it done.

When I was in Plymouth, I remembered a story that Aunt Helen told me about herself and her job in the canning factory in Plymouth. She worked in the office and traveled on the electric car from Sheboygan Falls to Plymouth every day for her job. She was very young and very pretty with her red hair and her dresses, quite short as was the fashion of that flapper era. She said that after a while she noticed that when she walked into the factory area with messages or to pick something up, all the machines stopped until she left. Then one day, she noticed a sign on the door which said "Turn off machines when Helen comes into the shop." Apparantly there were too many missed cans and labels because they guys all watched the cute broad.

Tomorrow I get to stay home ALL day. We are going to filter some wine. We really need to get some on the shelves. It is fun to have a variety to share and give away.

Love

Mary

No comments: