Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It is very late. For me at least. Dick and I took Mother to the Sheboygan Theatre presentation of The Odd Couple after dinner at the Villager. I asked for a container for my leftovers and then forgot it. There goes tomorrow's lunch.

The Odd Couple was done exceptionally well. They actually did both the male and the female versions on opposite nights. Our regular night had the male version. I was just as glad as I had seen the female version on stage before but never the male.

Mother and I were talking during the intermissions and I mentioned that I had told you all about my Grandfather's sisters, my great Aunts Jo, Gee, Lenore and Claire. She reminded me that there was one other. I don't remember meeting her at all but must have sometime in my life. This was the oldest of the girls Aunt Mae (Mary Elizabeth). Aunt Mae Bowser married Michael O' Connor. One of her children, Eileen married Johnny Bill Shea. They were the parents of Michael Shea, my cousin who is the Redemptorist in Thailand who started Sarnelli House.

Eileen was a (as Fr. Howard Johnson who worked with her at Kettle Morraine, Pistol.) She was also a beautiful woman. I only remember her from a family gathering or two when I was very young. She had black hair and was very pretty with a somewhat Spanish look about her. After Michael O'Connor died, Aunt Mae moved in with Eileen and Johnny Bill. Fr. Mike always said that it was a good thing. He said every home needs a Grandma in it. When Mom's get really angry with their children, the Grandmas say "Oh, it's not so bad. They are only babies." And chidren survive childhood. He carried this through in his children homes in Thailand. He always has a Grandma in each house to be the "doter". I don't know if Doter is a word but I thing you know what I mean. Grandmas always calm down Mothers who expect the world and all from these little innocents.

Tomorrow is THURSDAY already.

Later

Mary

No comments: