Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Gathered information and took it to my friend Mark Mueller for taxes. Used to do it myself, but things are a bit too complicated now. I figure it is better to have an expert prepare them.

Chelsea and I had a cold walk today. The wind we had yesterday has died down so it wasn't too bad. I read that there are Santa Ana winds and fires in southern California, specifically Orange County. While I live there we had a year like that. The ash and smoke hover all over everything. We were quite far away from the fires but still smelled the smoke and all.

The beer can chicken was so good. You know that you are always welcome. When the kids were little and all during much of my life in California, I never knew who might be staying for dinner. My ex worked on peoples vehicles in our garage evenings and weekends. If people were there, they just stayed. I am sure that would drive Dick crazy, but it never bothered me, probably because of growing up in the family that I grew up in. There were so many of us, of course, and if friends were over they were usually just invited to sit down with us.

I remember a funny incident. It was after the normal work day and my friend Janet Winchester had stopped by. We were talking at the front door when a car pulled up in front. A man, Don Bernika, came up to the door carrying some clothes in his arms and asked where he could change. I directed him down the hall to the bedrooms while Janet watched in amazement. When he got out of hearing she asked if men were always changing in my bedroom. At that point, I realized that Janet had not met Don. He was having his jeep worked on by my ex husband, Dick J. and arrived at the house before Dick J. got home from work.

Have a nice Wednesday.

Love

Mary

No comments: