Monday, February 06, 2006

Told you it would be a busy day and it was. Started with a phone call to the VA Hospital in Oklahoma. I got to talk to Bart. He was tired and sore. They waited until this afternoon and decided that an operation was indeed needed. The surgery is over, he is back in his room. I have not been able to talk to him, as he is in some pain and I was home at odd times also. Barb and I talked this evening. She said that if he is able to hold food down and they have the pain under control he can go home tomorrow. Awfully quick, but I know he will rest better there. The doctors told Barb that everything went well. Now we need to pray for a quick recovery.

Bible Study was fun, as always. We had a nice group as Tom and Kathy are back from Texas. Usually they stay until April but because Tom needs some medical treatments, had to come back early. Please remember Tom in your prayers, Kathy too as this has been a rather difficult year for them. Kind of odd readings. A lot about leprosy. We are wondering if Molakai, the Hawaiian Leper colony is still operating. I must remember to check.

Then I went to Plymouth to a class on free arm quilting. I hope it sticks this time. I am going to try to stipple a pillow top that I have assembled. Friday I am taking another class called Beyond Basics. It looks like there will only be two of us in the class. So I can ask ALL the questions that I want.

Tonight was the meeting at Rhine. It went on about 1/2 hour longer than necessary. These men don't know how to keep a meeting on track and have a tendancy to ramble.

Tomorrow is much quieter. I am fixing beer can chicken tomorrow for supper. Jim is home this week so I can do that. It is too much for just the two of us. I try to think of things that are not so much food during the week.

Have a great Tuesday

Mary

No comments: