Thursday, February 09, 2006

I talked to Bart today. He is home. He is in a lot of pain but said he is improving a bit each day. They did keep him a day extra because he had some blood in his stools, but it is decreasing. I found out that they do not like to keep the patients too long at the VA because it is overcrowded and there is a concern that surgery patients can contract infections in their incisions. Anyway he is home and healing. Please keep him in your prayers.

Good news on another front. Most of you know already that Jim got the IT position at Mead Library. They are separating it from the original proposal of a combination IT/Business Manager positon so now it is JUST what he wanted to begin with. He will start almost immediately and he will remain a backup for the cleaning crew. Yea Jim. Go! Go! Go!

We shopped today too. This shopping ONCE a week is saving us lots of money. I know that every time a person goes in a grocery store he buys more than he needs. We are much more careful and have to buy for the week so there is less waste. I bought some strawberries and sliced them with vanilla ice cream for dinner.


I am going to download the pictures from Mom's birthday (finally) tomorrow and will have a picture or two for you then. In the meantime, I received this from a friend with the caption: Redneck Cat Carrier.


a picture of something

The cat looks like our Big Oscar. And the Busch Beer reminds me of my friend, Kirby. Kirby was a strange man, but I loved him dearly. When Bart and I were getting ready to drive alone to Minnesota from California when we came east, it was Kirby who said that he would not let us go until he checked out and serviced the car so we would be safe. He is gone now and I know that God has a special place in heaven for him. I'll tell you more about him sometime.

Enjoy

Mary

No comments: