Saturday, February 04, 2006

What a day. I went to see Dr. Casey for another adjustment on my arm and shoulder. They have been aching for some time and I aggrevated it while out hunting rabbit last Sunday. Guns get pretty heavy after about three hours. He did a LOT of adjusting. I will keep putting cold on it and see if it eases up.

Dick has a cold. His throat has been sore and he started dripping today. These are the same symptoms that I had so we can hope that he heals as quickly as I did.

He did get the tree all down today. I cleaned a couple of cupboards. Because he was sick, we decided late this afternoon not to go to the Symphony, so I hurried up and went to Mass tonight so that I could join the choir. I knew that, at least, two altos had to work and would not be there. We sounded pretty good after all. I was also able to give the Symphony tickets to our friends Gary and Judy Henderson, who used to have season tickets, but did not buy them this year. They did not have plans so were glad of the opportunity.

I took Mom a piece of quiche and she gave us some peach pie. A good trade. The barter system still works. Tomorrow we will have Dick's Chili for Super Bowl Sunday. I think I will make French Pastry for dessert. Very easy dessert but very elegant looking.

French Pastry

Chocolate Instant Pudding
Graham Crackers
Whipped Cream

Make the pudding and whip the cream.

Place four graham crackers halves on a tray. Spread a tablespoon or so of pudding on each half cracker. Place another half cracker on top of the pudding. Repeat for four (I think) layers finishing with a cracker. Spread whipped cream over each stack sealing the stack. Let sit for several hours. Then the crackers are soft enough to cut. Cut in half and serve. Look pretty and tastes great. Makes 8 servings.


Here is a sample of a type of poetry that I learned about at the last writer's club meeting called a Cin Quain.

Puppy
Chubby Happy
Yipping Jumping Licking
Goofy little ball of slopper
Cuddly


Fun to play with.

Love

Mary

ee

No comments: