Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My cold is no worse. I took a night time decongestant last night and a day time decongestant this morning. I am also taking vitamin C and gargeling with salt water and actually, I am doing very well.

Four members of the Writer's Club, Jane Kocmoud, Barb Harwood, Rosemary Eigenberger and myself all went to the Milwaukee Art Museum to look at the works of art in their permanent collection to write poems about in their annual The Art of Poetry/ The Poetry of Art Contest. I entered last year. I did not win but it was fun.

This year I have narrowed the art pieces down to five that I saw and liked. They are quite diverse. One is by a Haitian Artist Laurent Casiman called the Crowded Market. The second is also by a Haitian Artist Hector Hyppolite called St. Francis and the Christ Child. The third is by George Inness called Sunset in Georgia. The forth is by Gerhard Richter and is called Breath. The last is by Francisco De Zurbaran called St. Francis of Assisi in His Tomb. You can view the de Zurbaran, under Early European Art and the Richter, under Contemporary art on the Milwaukee art Museum page at mam.org. I have to limit it to three, so we will see which inspire me now that I have time to think about it.

We had the nicest lunch in the Cafe at the Museum. I had a cup of chicken pot pie soup and a half of a club sandwich.

Tomorrow will be a lot less exciting.

Love

Mary

No comments: