Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A cloudy gloomy day today. Dick and I did our grocery shopping today rather than tomorrow, I am not exactly sure why. Then we went over to Discovery World to pay for the day trips for the next year. We are not sure about a long trip at this point as most of them require lots of walking and Dick really does not want that.

I sewed ears on the kitten that I am appliqueing for a quilt. If the kitten is half as cute as the cocker spaniel, the quilt should be adorable. I will have to find a nice home for it.

When Dick and I went to lunch at The Other Place, Mother recalled that at the end of World War II she remembered her brothers coming home from the war and the big party at what was then Fitz's. She could envision her brother, my uncle Noel, dancing around the bar singing "Kiss me once and kiss me twice and kiss me once again." as he kissed every girl in the place. Uncle Noel was a handsome guy. Tall and good looking with black curly hair. I could get a picture of that night from her description and loved the smile on her face.

Mary

No comments: