Sunday, January 22, 2006

Today was spectacular. The sun was shining and it was in the mid 30s with no wind at all. Chelsea and I took a walk and I actually got a little warm with my jacket and hat and all. As we couldn't walk yesterday because of the ice, today was especially pleasant.

I didn't get to bed until midnight last night. Chelsea let me sleep until almost 6:30 though and she was very polite when she did wake me up. I rolled over and was trying to see the time when I heard a very quiet little whimper from across the room. Usually she jumps on the bed and stomps on me.

I stopped to see Mother after church. She weathered yesterday very well. She had a whole stack of cards to read from all the guests. She opened her presents at the party. George, Jeff, Randy, Dolores and myself (and our families) chipped together for the TV/DVD/CD unit. Eileen got her a Waterford Crystal glass and a bottle of wine. Nora got her a beautiful beaded sweater from Nordstroms. There were a few other small gifts too. But knowing Mother the greatest gift was to gathering.

George and Betsy came in while I was there so I got to see George again before he left for home. Betsy is staying for a week or so and we will go to lunch with our Mothers on Friday. We are all SUCH busy people that Friday is the only day we were free. I will have to cancel lunch in Plymouth but I will call someone during the week and let them know.

Jim and I went shooting today. My scores were decidedly unspectacular. I keep forgetting the elbow brace that I bought. It might help as I am favoring the elbow because of the discomfort.

We had turkey, stuffing, brussel sprouts and cole slaw for supper and I fixed Bananas in warm caramel sauce with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Nice and light and tasty.

January is going so fast. Next Friday, Dick and I will go to the Fireside to see The Fabulous Fifties. They always put on a good show and and excellent meal. I also like to bring home some of their fresh breads.

Hope your week is nice. As the Irish say , "May the wind be always at your back." I thought of that last week on my walk with Chelsea - mainly when we were FACING the wind and I understood the sense of the wind at one's back.

Mary

No comments: