Friday, January 27, 2006

It is almost 11:00PM and I just got home from working at Rhine. We had shooters until almost 10:00PM. With the storm last weekend there were hardly ANY league shooters on Friday so everybody was there and trying to catch up. Boy did we ever go through the beer and peanuts. I just REEK of cigarette smoke.

Had a nice lunch with Mother, Betsy, Betsy's Mom Dorothy and Dick at the Other Place in Falls. The Other Place was Fitz's when I was a kid. The dining room we ate in used to be a clothing store called Deeley's Men's Wear. Not a coincidence. My Uncle Jack owned it. He sold really good men's clothing. My Bret looks a lot like Uncle Jack.

I also got the kitchen cleaned.

Well, Jim got the picture I want to show you onto my computer in an e mail. I am afraid it will be tomorrow or Sunday before you get it because I have to figure out how to get it on the blog. In the meantime I will tell you one LITTLE story about Aunt Claire, my Grandpa Bowser's other sister. She is NOT on the picture.

Aunt Claire, as I said was Grandpa Bowser's sister. She married Uncle Henry Uelman, who was my GRANDMA Bowser's baby brother. They had two girls, Mary Alair and Ellen. Ellen married a Gilboy and lives in California and Mary Alair lives in the East.

Uncle Henry lived in California near his daughter Ellen for many years in a mobile home park. He was my Mother's godfather and when Mom visited we always went to see Uncle Henry. He was a dear man, at that time in his 80s and he walked 5 miles every day. He was such a pleasure to be around. He was a perfect gentlemen and treated every woman he met like a perfect lady. Such a joy.

Love


Mary

No comments: