Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It was cold but sunny today. The temperatures are predicted to go up into the mid to upper 40s by and through the weekend with rain on Saturday and rain/snow mix on Sunday. I don't like that as I am going rabbit hunting on Sunday. Well, we will just have to see what happens.

Today, I finished the baby quilt top. Now I just need to do the label and then assemble it after I pick up the batting and backing on Feb. 4. The fabric they gave me is really pretty. Nice and bright with cute little bears on it. I had to add some fabric and found a nice bird print that blended nicely.

I also cleaned and straightened out the projects and material AGAIN.

Dick and I filtered the batch of White Zinfindal that we have fermenting and also mixed up a batch of the Luna Bianca. I have four batches of scratch wines that are coming up on being ready to filter and/or bottle. As soon as I free some gallon jugs, I need to mix up the grapes that I have frozen.

Here is another story of one of my Great Aunts. I will have Jim scan in the picture of Mother, me and the three of them and put it on this blog for you.

This is the story of Aunt Lenore. Aunt Lenore was a registered nurse. When my Tony was born, Aunt Lenore was in the hospital and as soon as he was born she saw to it that he was baptized. I was always grateful for that. He, of course, did live for three months, but someone cared enough to see that he was claimed by God at his birth.

Anyway, Aunt Lenore was a nurse. She got her education and did her training in Gary Indiana. She boarded with a family named Walters. The Walters had a little boy about 2 or thre years old. About 20 years later, Aunt Lenore married that young man. His name was Clyde.

They had two children (I don't know where they are or what they do.)and some rocky times. I know that Uncle Noel and Aunt Lois said that he ran around on her some. However, they stayed together and they loved each other. The last time I saw Aunt Lenore, she had had a stroke or something and had suffered some memory loss. Uncle Clyde took care of her. She visited quite happily with Mother and me, sometimes in the present and sometimes in the past. Occasionally, she would call for Clyde and if he was out of the room, he would rush in to reassure her. And she would smile a beautiful smile at him. They are both gone now. They used to say that Lenore raised him and then married him. Maybe she did, but it worked out for them.

Tomorrow is shopping and choir.

Take care

Mary

No comments: