Saturday, January 28, 2006

Today was a holiday. Dick and I went on a Discover trip to the Fireside and saw those Fabulous Fifties. We LOVED it. It was a bit of a history, memory, music trip back to the 50's and the birth of Rock and Roll with tributes to Jazz and Pop. The band was exceptional. Nine members, a keyboard, a bass, a trombone, a trumpet, drums, two guitars, sax and flute. They were really great and played everything from Elvis to Brubeck with Louis Armstrong and the Everly Brothers in between. Dick is going to tell you that I ended up on stage again. Two of the lovely young ladies were asking for volunteers for their game show segment and everybody was turning them down so I thought - why not. Cindy, another gal on the Discovery tour, and I got to play "basketball." She put a small basketball net on her head like a crown and I got to throw ping pong balls. We had 45 seconds and I made the basket (with Cindy's help) on the third throw. We each got a $10. gift certificate from the Fireside which I will use when we go to Evita later this year. Such a deal.

Tomorrow, I am going rabbit hunting with Jeff, Randy, and Kenny and our friends LeRoy and Dennis (who has a rabbit dog named Copper.) It is supposed to be rainy but fairly warm. I hope it doesn't get too wet.

Have a nice Sunday

Mary

No comments: