Saturday, January 21, 2006

It has been a long wonderful day. Wonderful is a word that is much overused, I know, but that is the easiest word that comes to mind tonight as I am trying to wind down.

Quite a bit of snow had piled up by this morning, perhaps two or three inches. Chelsea was delighted, of course. I tried to take her for a walk but upon reaching the road immediatly knew that walking was NOT a good idea, as the road, though plowed was covered with ice and slippery patches. So, no walk.

I kind of lazed around the rest of the morning, though I did call to see how Bart and Barb were doing.

I left home at about 11:15 to pick up Mom's corsage from Rick's Florist. It was lovely, two white rosebuds with baby breath. It looked so fresh against the red and black jacket that she wore. We got to the Villager for her party at about 12:15. Bobbie came in just as we did and Dick and Jim shortly after. All of us children were there and a goodly number of the grandchildren and the great grandclildren. That pretty well fills up the room. The dinner was so good. Chicken and beef tips with potatoes corn and salads. Then we had Mom unwrap her presents. The guys plugged in the TV/VCR/DVD that some of us had pooled our funds for and put in the DVD that Randy and Mom had chosen pictures for and Brian (Becky's husband) had assembled with music. They made a copy of the DVD for all of us. I am going to see if I can get it copied for Bret and Bart. It is really a treasure.

Friends and relatives showed up all through the afternoon. What a pleasure to spend time with all of them. The biggest surprise was when my cousin Chris and her husband Rod came in with AUNT KATHLEEN who wasn't going to be there because she and Bob spend their winters in South Carolina. She said that she just couldn't stand not being here so decided at the last minute to come. We have great pictures of her and Mother and Uncle Pat. They are the three remaining Bowser kids.

This evening, after bringing Mother home, I came home myself, napped and then went over to Eileen's for a bit as all who could were going over to Legand Larry's on 8th and Penn to see John (Eileen and Fred's son) perform in the Martini Lounge. He and his friend do a nice act and there is no smoking in the Martini Lounge. I am still just a bit hoarse from hollering conversations because of the noise. Had a nice visit with Britt and her friend Andrew who is an artist/photographer. (Photographers are also artists - I mention both because he paints too.)

I should have neat pictures to share soon.

a picture of something


I decided to share an old picture - this is the sample of the Maid Mother Crane blocks that I designed a couple of years ago.

Happy Sunday.

Mary

No comments: