Friday, January 20, 2006

Another busy day. It was kind of chilly and damp most of the day. Tonight it is snowing. A bit more than we expected. We even heard a snowblower going accross the street. Chelsea is quite pleased.

Went to the Dairy Queen in Plymouth to have lunch with the Wells Fargo people. The only one who is still working is Barb Wollner and she has moved to Community Bank.

On the way home I went to Younkers. to shopp with a gift card that Dick and Brenda gave me for Christmas. I had waited for a big sale and this weekend was a good one. I found a new pair of black pants, a black short jacket with red lining (that will look good with my red kilt which I intend to wear to the big birthday party tomorrow) and a pink washable "suede" shirt. Not bad. It was fun. I haven't shopped for quite a while.

I tried to get 2Cent stamps today too, but for the THIRD time in three weeks, the post office said they were on backlog from Milwaukee. This time they say that they don't know WHEN they will have them. No wonder the Post Office is failing as a business. I stopped to let Mother know and will bring her a few 39 cent stamps for just in case situations until we can find the others. Flowers are arriving for her birthday. She got an azalea from the neighbors and Mike Holehouse and family sent a lovely cut flower arrangement. I know Jennifer Holehouse and Andrea Ayers are also sending some. They are unable to come and want their presence known. Mom's house will be a beautiful greenhouse, full of beautiful flowers.

Tomorrow is her big day. Ninety - Wow.

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
-Anne Tyler








Goodnight. Mary

No comments: