Thursday, January 19, 2006

What a day. It was fairly warm. In the mid 30's, sunny (most of the day) and not at all windy. However, when I cam home from choir tonight at 8:30PM or so it ws very foggy. Really foggy. I drove much of the way by just following the white line.

Dr. Hodous, the podiatrist, looked at Dick's feet this morning and declared them much better. We will have them checked every two months or so to be sure that the situation doesn't arise again. He also had his blood checked and AGAIN it is perfect. He is now Sue's pride and joy because he has been in the perameters for a year now.

Then I took Dick home (he had a bit of a sore throat) and went grocery shopping. This was quite a saving week. They had a "meal plan" (you buy the meat and they give the side dishes), a lot of items marked down to $1 and coupons, plus I had earned a $25 gift card from them. I felt REALLY good about the bill.

Tonight I had to go to choir so I visited Mother for a bit too. I did get the words together for the Unity Concert. I will enclose them here for you, but don't tell anybody. They chose two of the 5 verses because of the time constraint. These two seem to reflect the mission of the Concert the best.

BEACON OF HOPE


I.

We are all but a shadow in life.
We are cast by the light of the Lord
Made tall by the strength of His love.
As we go out as Jesus commands.
May we reach out our hands to the poor
To the lonely, the sick, the afraid.
To the families and neighbors we know
And to those who are lost in despair.


CHORUS

I'm the kiss of the breeze on your cheek
I 'm the choir of avian songs
You can find me in flowering fields
And the gentle soft fingers of dawn

II.

Whe-en thunder and lightening surround
I’m beside you to calm all your fears
If the world is a frightening place
I'm the lighthouse that shines through the storm
Jesus taught you that Love is the Way
And by sharing the journey you grow
Heaven is coming safely home
With your hand in the hand of the Lord


This is sung to the tune of For Ireland, I Won't Say Her Name. This is my favorite traditional Irish Air and it is believed to have been written in the late 1700s or the early 1800s.

Have a great Friday.

Mary

No comments: