Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It rained a bit and even snowed, but none of the snow stayed on the ground. It does not seem to be freezing either. Today, in the mailbox I found a notice that a family up the street has lost their big black fat cat called Harry. That is two animals in a week in the neighborhood. I don't think that Wishbone has been found either. Sure glad we keep our cats in and Chelsea leashed - Hunters Glen seems to be rather dangerous for critters these days.

I received a call last night from a woman, Mary Ann Wildbauer, who is part of organizing a unity conder to raise funds to help Cancer patients in Sheboygan County. The group is called Sheboygan County Cancer Care Fund. They help anyone, at any facility, of any background and with any financial needs. She called because Beth Hoegger (my choir director) and Jim Wilsing (my bagpiping friend) told her that I could write words for the song that we used for Celtic Faire for this concert for the ecumunical choir to sing. I talked to Beth and she said that the words I had were fine with some adjusting and additions. I am rather excited. This would be a REALLY big audience for my poetry. I did some revising and minor additions to the song and will review it with Beth, Jim and MaryAnn on Thursday.

Dick and I only went out to the Drug store to pick up a prescription and to OfficeMax to get some ink cartridges. The rest of the day I just worked on several of my projects, the Environment Committee notes, the song lyrics, the baby quilt. It was FUN.


Have a good Wednesday, It should be more of the same for me.

Charles M. Schulz said. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

Mary

No comments: