Saturday, December 10, 2005

Mother, Dick and I just enjoyed a truly special presentation of the Messiah by the Sheboygan Chorus and the Lakeland College Chorus accompanied by the Sheboygan Symphany Orchestra and directed by Richare Bjella, associate professor, director of Choral Studies at Lawrence University in Appleton. I was really impressed with him and kind of wish he was in the running for the permanent director of the Symphany Orchestra.

It was a productive day otherwise also. We got the packages mailed. BOY has shipping gone up. It cost a fortune. We may resort to gift cards in the future. But anyway, the boxes are on their way and now I don't have deadlines to meet. I suppose that I need to get the cards on their way this week but there still is time.

We had lunch at the Funky Bean in the shopping center built on Hwy 42 where the old Flamingo was. The food was good but the service was slow as could be. We will try again in a few months when they have shaken out the bugs. The shipping place was slow too so Dick was pretty antsy by the time we left there.

I decided that I don't like this business of "Happy Holiday" INSTEAD of Merry Christmas. I don't have a problem with Happy Holiday itself as several holidays do occur in this time period. But Christmas is Chrismas and I DO celebrate it and so do the majority of people in our country. Therefore I have decided to put stickers on all my Christmas Cards that say. "Rejoice - The Savior is born!"

Joy and peace to you tomorrow and have a good week.

Mary

No comments: