Sunday, December 11, 2005

I went to the 8:00AM mass this morning. The roads were quite clear in spite of the wet snow that we had last night. It was chilly - in the 20s all day but partly cloudy and quite pleasant.

I visited with Mother after Mass. She is fine. We always have such nice visits. Her tree is up and in the process of being decorated. She will spend this week doing that. She is also baking stollens and cookies for gifts and to eat. I am glad that she is making Lizzies as I didn't this year. Jim can't eat them because of the nuts so I decided not to bother.

I tried out the new crock pot today. I made a recipe called butter beef. Cubed chuck steak with dried onion soup, butter and a splash of white wine. Then I added fresh mushroom for the last hour. We had it over noodles with peas and salad. The crock pot works just fine. Good thing. I am making Mac and Cheese in it for Christmas dinner.

Jim and I went out shooting today. He did pretty well. I have been worse but have also been a lot better. Practice. Practice. Practice. That is what they say.

Tomorrow I have Bible Study and then Writer's Club Christmas Party. I still don't know what I am going to bring for my $5 gift for the gift exchange. Well, something will come to me. $5.00 is an "impossible" amount. But we all seem to come up with something every year. The idea is that it is a token gift.

When Bart was a little boy, he was quite a worrier. He even worried about who he was going to marry when he grew up. I remember that his babysitters always found him quite funny because he would propose to them. He was only about 4 when this was going on. I think I told you that he did not want to come to Wisconsin for a visit because he worried about the "red tomatoes" (tornados) because I mentioned that a tornado had gone through Sheboygan County and killed a baby many years ago. He hasn't changed much. Some people just are very serious about thing.

I got my Christmas e-cards sent today. Now, I have the BIG job of those that I have to mail.

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Have a good Monday.

Love

Mary

No comments: