Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Turned out to be an eventful day. I got a call from Mary Yurk, who is the neighbor across the street, called just before noon and offered me an "opportunity". She is the Queen Mother of a Red Hat group here in Sheboygan and some of them were joining an Elkhart Lake group for a bus trip to De Pere to Frank's Dinner Theater for a comedy musical production. One of the ladies was unable to go because a root canal had infected and she was VERY ill. So I got to go free. We left at about 3:15 and got back home a bit after midnight. The show is a musical and a comedy. This production was a Christmas program with a lot of traditional music and based VERY loosely on the Christmas Carol. I had Red Snapper for dinner.

Tomorrow we are going to see the Rockettes in Chicago so this is turning out to be quite a week.

In the museum under the Arch in St. Louis there is a plaque that has this inscription. I liked it and just recently found the picture that I took of it.

"I was first a bogtrotter (in Ireland), din a cobbler, din an immigrant, din a weary (Private Soldier), din a corpril, din a sargint, and now I'm a commissioned officer and captain fur life... and gintlemin, by act of Congress." Captain Gerald Russell.

Isn't that great?

Later

Mary

No comments: