Thursday, December 15, 2005

Another day closer to Christmas. We went grocery shopping, but not until about 11:00AM because we waited for Jim to plow the driveway to avoid getting it all iced up. He got up early but not before our usual time of 7:30 ot 8:00AM. He can't do the plowing at 1:00AM because he would be waking up the entire neighborhood.

Tonight we had choir practice and have all the music planned for Christmas. We practiced a little longer so we can be ready. I think Beth picked some good pieces.

The Rockettes, as I mentioned this morning, were really wonderful. They have several traveling groups, I understand. There are 18 women on stage for each routine. and they are totally precise. I think my favorite dance routine was the March of the Wooden Soldiers. Eighteen soldiers doing the whole march from Babes in Toyland. Wooden Soldiers are way at the top of my favorite Christmas characters.

We had a super lunch at Carlucci's not far from the Rosemont. The meal consisted of pizza for an appetizer, (really good), a mixed green salad (pretty non-descript), a choice of beef or chicken. I had the beef and liked it a lot. Dessert was tirimisu. Tirimisu is either great or whipped cream. This was great.

I started putting ornaments on the tree. So it should be done by Sunday. Tomorrow we are going to see Harry Potter. I have been waiting patiently through other plans and injuries and it has been put off since the premier. So - tomorrow we will have popcorn for lunch. Yum Yum.

Saturday, we are going to filter the Current wine twice and then on Sunday we will bottle it. Things are going to be moving rather fast an furious with the scratch wines. I have three other batches to start as soon as I free some gallon jugs. I have wild grapes, marigold blossems and lemon balm elixer. We will have wine working all winter this year.

Got Mom's application for Senior Care filled out and will copy it and mail it tomorrow. Whew! Medicare D has been quite a project but I have made the best decisions that I know how and we three, Dick, Mom and I, are stuck with them, at least for a year.

Here is a recipe for REALLY easy bread that tastes good fresh and hot or toasted later.

Beer Bread

3 cups self rising flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 can beer

Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Grease loaf pan. Mix the above ingredients IN THE PAN and let settle for a few minutes. Bake for 1 hour.

Good luck

Mary

No comments: