Sunday, December 04, 2005

I DID get to stay home all day today. It was very very cold and quite lovely with blue skies and the sun glinting off fresh snow.

Dick and I bottled the Gewertziminer wine this afternoon and I also wrapped the remaining Christmas presents.

The Packers lost so we are depressed. This was a BAD week for my fantasy football picks. I really struggled and made some pretty poor choices apparantly. At this point I am clear at the bottom only outscoring one of our members who did not get his picks in. I might be able to pull out of the basement but things are not looking good.

Barbara called today. She has been working LOTS of overtime and is stretched for time but has been healthy lately. Bart, however, has a sinus infection that is bothering him. All else is well. She is, amid taking care of Bart and working, trying to plan a 50th wedding anniversary party for her parents.

Students in an advanced Biology class were taking their mid-term exam. The last question was, "Name seven advantages of Mothers Milk," worth 70 points or none at all.

A funny email that I received the other day. I am tired and can't think of anything clever myself.

One student was hard put to think of seven advantages. He wrote:
1. It is perfect formula for the child.
2. It provides immunity against several diseases.
3. It is always at the right temperature.
4. It is inexpensive.
5. It bonds the child to mother, and vice versa.
6. It is always available as needed.
And then, the student was stuck. Finally, in desperation, just before the bell indicating the end of the test rang, he wrote.................................
7. It comes in such cute containers.
He got an "A"

Love

Mary

No comments: