Thursday, October 13, 2005

Tomorrow will be a very busy day. I have to clean the kitchen in the morning. Actually, the floor isn't as bad as usual, because when I cleaned the grapes yesterday, I got the floor so messy that I had to wipe down about a third of it so we wouldn't stick.

Then I will have lunch with the girls in Plymouth. I don't know if Betty and Ceil are back from their trip to the New England states or not. Then the bank, Office Max and I have to drop off a basket for the Tisket a Tasket raffle that will be happening on November 5th or thereabouts. The last day to drop off the baskets is Oct 21 and we will be gone. Tisket a Tasket if a fundraiser to help combat illiteracy. I have contributed a basket for auction or raffle for several years now. This year I make one using a basket tray that I got from Mother. I cleaned it up and put a liner over the tray part. Then I filled it with two books on teas, an apron that I had decorated with a beautiful big cup, a table runner that can be used as a table runner or a placemat, two cups, coffee, tea and cookies. I think it is OK.

When I was a little girl, I used to go down town to the library every week to see Mrs. La Budde and get as many books as I could carry to read during that week. The library was located in an old house on the corner of Pine and Buffalo Streets in Sheboygan Falls, right accross from the Franklin House. It is a beautiful old building, a historical landmark, now converted back to a home. I have a lot of nice memories of that library. The Sheboygan Falls Library was originally founded by a ladies group.


Friday is the beginning of the weekend for me. Hope it is for you. Monday we go away for our Mystery Tour.

Mary

No comments: