Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I went over to Becky and Brian's house late this afternoon and picked wild grapes. They have them growing all along the fence between their alfalfa field and the adjoining corn field. I picked somewhere in the range of 12 to 15 pounds so will be able to easily make two gallons of wine. I will have to freeze them at first because all my jugs are "busy" right now.

I got to Becky's before she arrived home from work and as I started down the fence line to the grapes a young collie joined me. I thought she came from across Cty. O but figured that I would just keep an eye on her and bring her back with me. She is young and this is not the first time she has crossed the highway. Her owners are trying to train her to stay in the yard. I hope she learns before she gets hit by a car. I found out that her name is Cloe and that her owners DID come around looking for her.

Brian and Becky have a dog too. Her name is Bailey and she is really a nice girl. They keep her penned while they are at work and are training her with a remote collar which seems to be working.

My friend Janet from way back sent me this impossibly funny e-mail. I REALLY want to share it so here it is.

Subject: warning

I hate it when people forward bogus warnings but this one is real, and
it's very important. So please send this warning to everyone on your
e-mail list:

If people come to your front door saying they are conducting a survey on
deer ticks and ask you to take your clothes off and dance around with
your arms over your head while they inspect for ticks, DO NOT DO IT!
IT'S A SCAM; they only want to see you naked!

I really wish I had gotten this warning yesterday; I feel so stupid now!!!

PS...I didn't have one single tick either time they came!



Hope it made you laugh too.

Mary

No comments: