Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I really enjoyed Quilt Guild tonight. We had a pot luck, which is always fun. I made beans and balogna.

This is the simple recipe:

1 Can of Pork and Beans
1 Can of Spicy Chili Beans
1 Can of Black beans
1 Ring Balogna, peeled and sliced into chunks.
A good squeeze of ketsup
1/4 cup finely chopped onion

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

The dessert table was FANTASTIC.

Then we had the business meeting, followed by a slide show of this years Quilt Show. My spinning watersheel quilt was in the pictures, but Shannon must have missed the Spider Web Wall Hanging. Well, you all saw it on this site and I have it hanging in the hall.

I showed the twin sized quilt that I am donating to the Church for the raffle at the Turkey Dinner.

I got home at about 9:00PM which was nice. Sometimes these things hang on.

Tomorrow, we are getting our flu shot. Ugh. I hate that. The first two years I got a very quick, very fleeting reaction to the shot. Since then nothing, but I am still a bit nervous about it. I will NEVER EVER get another pneumonia shot. Last year, I got my first one and my arm swelled up and was sore for a week.

Have a nice tomorrow. It was very pleasant outside when I left the club meeting. I guess it is supposed to be nice for several days before turning cold again.

Enjoy. The leaves are turning color. What a spectacular time of year this is.

Mary

No comments: