Saturday, October 15, 2005

I planted daffodils today. Jeff brought some bulbs to Mother and she did not want them all, so we shared. Bobbie and I were discussing bulbs a couple of weeks ago and I had mentioned that I did not have any daffodils. They are one of the very first signs of spring, along with worms all over the street, robins, the red winged blackbirds and kids playing basketball all around the tract.

It was a pretty quiet day overall. I got all packed for the trip and worked on the "book" that we are going to put on the altar for All Soul's Day. I make a cross quilt square and sewed it on the fabric that I will be covering the "book" with. I searched and found a site that has about 6 different crosses, so I have a source now. The hardest part will be stenciling all the names of those who have died in the past year. I really can't do that until we are back from the trip because we include the names of ALL who have died in the past years and (it sounds kind of gory) there is always a possibility that we will have some more in the next two weeks. We can't leave anyone off and there is a placement issue.

Well, Cheslea is begging to go out AGAIN and it is almost 9:00PM which is her time. So I will sign off now.





LADIES- Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice
cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.

REAL WOMEN- Leftover wine??

Love

Mary

No comments: