Sunday, October 09, 2005

Such a nice Sunday. I went to the 8:00AM Mass. Then visited with Mother for a bit before heading home to fix breakfast, assemble the casserole for dinner and make an infusion from Lemon Balm leaves and stems so that I can make more Lemon Balm Wine when I finally free up some gallon jugs. Currently, I have two batches of Currant Wine and two of Concord Grape so my jugs are quite full and I need to wait until I can bottle. So I am making infusions and freezing fruit and flower petals so that I can make other batches when there are empty jugs available.

Bobbie, Jim and I went shooting this afternoon. My pistol shooting was OK. The first two weren't bad at all but the third was a little off. My elbow started hurting and I lost my steady hand. I only got a 15 on trap but I felt a little off. I need to keep reminding myself at EACH shot to line up the beads and keep AHEAD of the bird.

I talked to Bret tonight. He sounds good. The Santa Ana winds make his sinuses act up but he is far away from fires except for an occasional whisp of smokey air. He is working hard but today enjoyed a little fun at a church festival near his home that his friends Tony and Dee belong to. Their daughter, Emily, is his goddaughter.

And Oh YES! the Packers won big. 52/3 against New Orleans. So it has been a good day.

I have a puzzle. The Catholic church is talking about making a rule against gay men who are celebate and vow to remain so from becoming priests. Now, heterosexual men take a vow of celebacy and become priests all the time. (Well, Duh!) What is the difference. A vow is a vow is a vow.

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT LIFE THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED:
1) No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.
2) When your Mom is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your
hair.
3) If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always
catch the second person.
) Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
5) You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
6) Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
7) Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.
8) You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
9) Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
10) The best place to be when you're sad is Grandma's lap.


Tomorrow will be busy so I am going to get ready for bed. Have a good Monday.

Mary

No comments: