Sunday, October 30, 2005

This was a cool day. Jim and I went shooting this afternoon and I was not unhappy with my results. I got an 18 in trap. I might have done better had I not gotten a little shook at the beginning, because one of my ear plugs was missing (I found it on the livingroom floor when we got home) and I had to delay everybody while I went back into the clubhouse to get a new pair. But 18 is about my personal best.

Pistol was not QUITE as successful. I only got a 39 on the first, a puny 30 on the second, BUT the third was a 66. Nice day as I say.

The animals are properly confused by the change to standard time. Chelsea DID sleep until 5:30AM which was 6:30AM by her little tummy. I hope to ease her into 6:00AM again. They were all very irritated with us by 5:00Standard Time. I am sure they think we are really mean humans.

Mother and I were discussing Halloweens of years gone by. Sheboygan Falls used to have Halloween parades and prizes were given for the best costumes. One year Nora and I went in the parade with Jeff firmly ensconced between us. The older kids ALWAYS had to take care of the younger kids in our family and it was expected that we take them with us on occasions like this. Jeff was adorable, dressed like a little old man. Part of his costume slipped over his face and he still remembers Nora and I hauling him through that whole parade, him not seeing a thing. He did get a first prize in some catagory or other so I guess it was worth it. We had some really great costumes that had been passed down to us by Grandma Bowser. I remember a gypsy, an Indian, Batman. They were great as she was quite a seamstress.

Here is a little quote for slowing down and relaxing in this life. Slow down and see some of it as it passes you by.

"Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you." Nathaniel Hawthorne.


Love

Mary

No comments: