Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It was a nice crisp morning for Chelsea and I again. We really enjoy these Fall mornings. It was quiet. We only saw one other doggie and one walker.

The rest of the day was rather uneventful. I saw Dr. Casey today. He checked my knee and reviewed the exercizes that I need to do to strengthen the muscles. Then I had church tonight. It is All Saints Day. A holy day of obligation. Most people don't consider these days so important any more. It used to be announced on the prior Sunday and we were threatened with the Mortal Sin card if we missed it for any than earthshaking reasons. Now it is noted that it is a Holy Day on the calendar that we get from the funeral home each year but is not even listed as such in the bulletin. I am confused but I am not the priest and as we have been informed - the church is not a democracy, it is a hierarchy and the priest and the diocese have the final say (and responsibility for communicating the rules as far as I can see.)

Dick and I did also bottle the Riesling. It tastes OK but needs to mature for a month or so.

Tomorrow, I have to go for my yearly physical and mammagram. I am not happy about that. Let us hope that all is OK this time - I hate going back for these "further checks".

I got the following from a friend in my e-mail. I had mine, did you get yours?

A True Lover


I shall seek and find you

I shall take you to bed and have my way with you

I will make you ache, shake and sweat until you moan and groan

I will make you beg for mercy, beg me to stop.

I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved when I finish with you.

You will be weak for days.

All My Love


The FLU

Now get your mind out of the gutter and go get your flue shot



Go out and enjoy tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: