Thursday, November 03, 2005

The weather was springlike today, all the way up into the 60s. WOW. But it is chilly tonight. Tomorrow, much the same.

We went grocery shopping today after Dick got his blood checked. He is right where he should be again. Sue said that she is very proud of him. If he stays good til February he will have gone a WHOLE year without needing any adjustment on his meds.

I worked on the Christmas Tree Skirt again today. The top is assembled so I need to cut the backing and fill and pin it for the next step. That made me remember that I needed to pick up the fabric that Mother got for the backing for quilt top that she has finished. It needs to be sewn together and I had promised that I would do that for her. I picked it up tonight when I went to choir. I will take it back to her on Saturday and then we can decide when she wants to "make the sandwich" so that she can do the quilting.

I have decided - The Senior Saints at Blessed Trinity are going to have a program in late November or early December. I am getting a speaker to explain Medicare D (I need that information myself) and we will have a Christmas Tea. I will get some nice cakes and cookies and have coffee, tea and punch for refreshments. Doesn't that sound like fun.

It is time to start organizing for the Branson Trip. We will be leaving on November 14 and returning on the 19th. Branson is always fun and Bart and Barb will be joining us for one day. The day we will be seeing Yakav Smirnoff and Andy Williams. They will not go to the evening show, the Hughes Brothers, because we feel that the day will be quite long enough for Bart as it is. The following day they will leave for home. We have that morning free, so hopefully we will be able to have some visiting time then.

The dishwasher is not draining properly again. I have Sears Repair coming tomorrow. It is really annoying that one has to schedule the WHOLE day. They don't even tell you if they are coming in the morning or the afternoon, so you have to figure that you had better be there every moment. If you miss their call you have to reschedule. So I have to be sure that if I take Chelsea out, Dick answers the phone.

a picture of something

The above is a picture of the burning bush that is in our front yard. The burning bushes this year are spectacular. Leaves are falling so fast now that it will not be long before all the trees are but skeletons.

Have a great Friday. I am making spinach, noodle casserole if you want to come over for dinner.

Mary

No comments: