Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I had to get my mammogram today. I just hate that. Don't you wonder why? Now I have to wait for the doctor to look at the x rays. The last two that I had required an ultrasound also. Dr. Wenberg said that I am in good health otherwise.

I finished the decorating on the tree skirt that I am making. Now I just have to assemble the pieces and then layer the backing and batting and quilt it. I hope I can get it done for Christmas. The old one is a felt one that I found at Grandma Bowser's after she died. It is rather small and very worn and faded. We really deserve a new one.

I think I will take the pieces I was working on during the Mystery tour when we go to Branson. I should be able to get the sashing between the squares. It will be a little tricky because the sashing is narrow.

Dick and I racked the Concord Grape wine today. It has a pleasant taste. The recipe says that if it is not sweet enough for your taste you can add a sugar syrup to sweeten it. I will test it in about three months when it is ready to be bottled. I had to suck the tube to get it to rack and it certainly does taste like Concord grapes.

Tomorrow, Dick gets his blood tested and then we will go grocery shopping.

The reading for today in the Cadfael Book of Days today was very good. It read:

"It is only that the step from perfectly ordinary things into the miraculous seems to me so small, almost accidental, that I wonder why it astonishes you at all, or why you trouble to reason about it. If it were reasonable it could not be miraculous, could it?" Ellis Peters

I do believe in miracles and even ordinary things.

Love

Mary

No comments: