Friday, August 12, 2005

This was a relatively quiet day. I went to Plymouth and had lunch with the girls. Those who are in town anyway. Barb was at the Milwaukee Zoo with her grandaughter, Mary in in Door County and Joyce was somewhere or other. I decided not to go next week because the next day I leave for Irishfest and that will be enough.

This evening I went down to church to join the others on the Environment committee to decorate the church for the Feast of the Assumption. All we really had to do was to put fresh flowers around the church and put another statue of Mary on the altar. Two of our decorators had large wood rosaries that we draped around the statues. Simple but pretty. We also figured out how we can hang the Celtic Fair quilt on the wall fo St. Francis Chapel so people can get a good look at it and buy LOTS of tickets.

That was about it except I did finish tying the quilt that I have been working on. Now I just have to do the edge. I may try to stipple in the border after I do the binding. Isn't stipple a fun word. Stippling looks just like it sounds.

Tuesday, we go away for the day to Chicago on an Ethnic tour. Apparantly a guided tour of several ethnic neighborhoods with bits of food all over the place. Sounds like fun and I am ready for a day away. This is on our anniversary too. Would you believe nineteen years already? We are really glad to be traveling together on this day.

Start where you are
Use what you have
Do what you can
It will be enough.



Tomorrow we have fresh corn for supper again. We LIKE corn season. Last week, it was SO good. It seems to get sweeter every week during the season.

Love

Mary

No comments: