Monday, August 08, 2005

Hot again today. I am watering every morning from 6 to 9 and the grubworm areas are not spreading.

I also had bible study this morning and Writer's Club this afternoon. So it was a full day. I read the list poem at Writer's Club and they liked it. I think I will see if I can find a market for it. Perhaps a cooking, women's or memory magazine.

We had spaghetti and meatballs for supper with garlic bread. Always a favorite. I added extra mushrooms and made the sauce with our herbs from our own herb garden, so was a treat. Of course, Dick and Jim find anything with Pasta in it a treat.

I started hemming the binding on the church quilt tonight and got it half finished. I will be able to complete the rest tomorrow afternoon so that we quilters will just have the hand quilting of the individual blocks to do. We are going to set it up in a room in the church basement on a quilting rack tomorrow evening. Then it will be available whenever anyone has any time to put in an hour or two. I really should get the labels that Pat printed out ready and on both the quilts.

Dick had a pretty good night's sleep last night. Hope he does as well tonight because we are grocery shopping in the morning and it is easier for him if he is rested.

I guess that is all for tonight.

Hope it cools down soon.

Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's Never going to cool down! NEVER!

Oh, ah, I just noticed your comments were broken. All better now. :-)