Saturday, July 30, 2005

Such a fun day. That class at the Sewing Basket was so informative. I learned SO much about my machine and so much about different kinds of machine quilting. Now I must practice. We learned to follow patterns, stipple and meander and lots of other stuff. WOW. I am tying a quilt to donate to the Celtic Faire Take a Chance Booth and have decided to try to machine quilt the border. Lucy, our teacher, said that borders are a bit easier because you don't have to deal with the bulk of the whole quilt, so make a nice practice piece.

It was quite comfortable today. The temps topped off at 82. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the upper 80s in Milwaukee. We have to wear white tops and black skirts (or slacks, I suppose, ) for the choir. I am wearing a skirt and kneehighs then changing into shorts.

On the way back from the Sewing Basket, I stopped and got fresh corn, tomatoes and kohlrabi for supper. Wow, was it good. The first of the season for us. I was pleased to be able to get the fresh tomatoes too. Mine are not showing any sign of ripening.

I practiced the German music again today and feel that I mainly have it now. I know that with the big choir, I will be able to pull it off. It realy is lovely music. I checked the Germanfest site and they are not as informative as the Irishfest site, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to really figure out what to do first. I am looking forward to the market place. I remember really quality things when I went with Bart and Barb.

A quote from Cadfael for you to ponder. "The manifold gifts of God are there to be delighted in, to fall short of joy would be ingratitude."

Delight in your gifts this Sunday.

Today, my gifts were the class AND the two sandhill cranes I saw in a field on my way home from Plymouth.

Mary

No comments: