Monday, July 25, 2005

There is a cricket in the office. Dick sprayed under the desk in the area that he thinks it is hanging out, but periodically we still hear it and now the office STINKS. I hate the smell of bug spray and kind of worry about the animals breathing it. They are, after all, much smaller than we are. When we are on Dick's side of the desk, it sounds like it is on my side and vice versa. What a pain.

This was a much more pleasant day and we are having some welcome rain this evening. Actually we are under a tornado watch until midnight according to the radio.

I went to trap league tonight and shot a 16, a great improvement over last week when I only got a 12. I need to keep concentration on getting my bead and keeping in front of the bird. I actually feel good about this because I got a 4 and a 5 on the last two stations. So I improved as I went along.

We have to get up at 5:00AM so we can get to Discovery for a 6:45AM departure for Lake Geneva, so I had better go to bed now.

Cadfael today was interesting. "What else is salvation? It is no bad thing to feel obliged to earn it, and not wait to be given it as alms to a begger, unearned."

Kind of like the quote that I got from that dear Alchoholic year ago at AlAnon. "You can pray til hell freezes over and you can pray on the ice. But unless you get up of your ass, you will never be goosed by the Holy Ghost."

Enjoy your tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: