Wednesday, July 27, 2005

This was a rather quiet day. We went to Cedar Grove to make the final payment on our Washington DC Trip. That is taking place September 12th to the 17th. It will get here fast - time seems to be flying by. On the way back we stopped at Mc Donald's to try the new fruit salad. It is fine. Just grapes and apples with walnuts and yogurt for dipping. But the grapes and apples are fresh and the yogurt makes a refreshing addition. So we would order again.

Aside from that it was an uneventful day. No rain, some sun but it never got over 69, so we turned off the air and opened everything up. Kitties always like that and so do I. It really airs things out and freshens everything. The only problem is that all the outside noise comes in too and there are noises out there that are scaring our poor little Chelsea. I sometimes wonder if those kids will EVER fire off all their firecrackers.

I practiced the songs for the Germanfest Mass today. They seem to be coming easier. I probably won't make a complete fool of myself. Actually - If I get too lost, I can just do a "silent meow" (I love that term) until I catch up and get back on track. By practicing a bit every day and then with the whole choir just before Mass, it will be fine. I am looking forward to Germanfest. We will be staying until about 4:30 so I will have four hours more or less to listen to lots of music and shop a bit. Maybe I can find a Christmas present for Barb.

Some woman complained that Acuity spent so much money for the huge flag that they have flying on their grounds next to Highway 43. I just remembered it because we went by the flag again today. Why do people have to be so crabby. Our flag just is beautiful and makes a person feel so proud of our country. This flag does that, at least to me. Acuity is generous in many ways to the needs of the community. Frankly, why shouldn't money be spent for something we can see, that nourishes the heart and not necessarily the poor. Sheboygan people themselves are pretty generous. If they know of a need, they usually come through with help. But don't forget, they also lined the streets and highways when their boys came back from Iraq. I believe that beauty and patriatism can go hand in hand with good works and indeed are just as important. I even liked the idea that some of our park workers in Maywood were taking a little time to carve the stumps into wood sculptures. I don't care if MY tax money was spent paying their wages to do so. If something beautiful or fun to look at was produced, I say - Yippee. Let generations enjoy.

Have a nice evening.

Mary

No comments: