Thursday, July 28, 2005

I think that I mentioned the cricket that we had in the office the other day. We don't know what happened to it. We figure that either it died of the spray (after laying eggs in the carpet of course) or the cats got it. By the next morning there was no more cricket sounds.

When the boys and I were still in Huntington Beach a cricket got in the house. It went into the coat closet at the bottom of the stairs. I pulled everything out of that closet piece by piece and actually found the darn thing, scooped it up and took it outside.

It reminds me of the bugs in the basement of Bart's and my little house on Broadway in Sheboygan Falls. One day I went down to do the wash and there on the floor was a huge June Bug - it was about the size of a half dollar. I called Dick down. He scooped it up on a paper and tossed it out the back door.

The next summer, I went down one day and there was another one of those big bugs. Dick wasn't home, but Bart was, so I called him down. He took one look at it, shrugged and stomped on it.

Two different solutions. Both satisfied me.

Have a nice Friday.

Mary

No comments: