Friday, July 29, 2005

It was cool today. Not really, but when the temperatures neve top 75 in the summer, it seems cool.

Had lunch in Plymouth and picked up birthday cards while I was out. I also swung by Wingert's and lo and behold they are advertising SWEET CORN!!! Tomorrow I have a class at the Sewing Basket in the afternoon so I will pick up our first batch of corn and we will begin our late summer ritual. I think it will probably be too early for fresh tomatoes, but I have those "stem tomatoes" which at least have some taste to them.

Uncle Ken called this afternoon. He has decided to get his Fall Turkey license and thought he would let me know. Now that he is retired, he has more time and that season is most of the month of October. We had until 8/1 to get the permit ordered. I decided, why not. October is OK except for our Mystery Tour which is only one week of the month and October should have some pretty nice weather for hunting too.

Tomorrow, the class I am taking is on Free Motion Quilting. How to quilt on the machine in a non structured manner. Should be fun. Dottie, a friend from church who made some of the blocks for the Celtic Quilt, said that she tried it once on a baby quilt and ended up tearing it all out. Not too encouraging, but perhaps if I start on wall hangings or table runners and worked my way up. Lord, give me courage.

Have a nice weekend.

Mary

No comments: