Monday, February 21, 2005

We're baCK! I was totally relaxed when we arrived home this morning at about 10:30AM. Then I took Chelsea for a nice walk and the sun was shining and she and I really enjoyed it. I know that Jim takes her out but no walks are on his agenda.

Later, she asked to go out again (much too quickly I felt) and lo and behold there was some blood in her urine. So - called Dr. Zechlinski. He saw her this afternoon at 2:15. (Did you ever try to collect urine from a female small dog in the snow? --- I had to. I wasn't too successful, but we got enough when I got to the vets.) She has a little bladder infection and is on anti biotics. Isn't that a kick. Dick says she seems to have the same symptoms he has had with bladder infections and the same type of medicine.

The Rochester Inn is a really nice B& B. The rooms are special. We stayed the first night in a 2 room suite on the first floor right off the kitchen. It is much less expensive than the others because it does not have a whirlpool tub. The we moved to the Waldo Brian Donlevy suite, which is their best. It is on the second floor. It has a large sitting room with a wet bar and refrigerator and TV. The bedroom is up another flight and the bathroom with a double whirlpool is off the bedroom. I whirlpooled four times and my hips are feeling 100 % better. The rooms are decorated beautifully. We had a full breakfast each morning. Cheese and crackers or cookies two evenings and there were soft drinks and water in the refrigerator. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate were also in the room.

Sunday, the only time we left was to walk over to Richards for dinner. We holed up and watched the plows go by once in a while. I read and sewed and rested.

I guess I'm glad to be home. I do miss the critters when we are gone.


Til tomorrow

Happy Presidents Day

Mary

No comments: