Tuesday, February 22, 2005

We went grocery shopping this morning. We didn't need too much but we were almost out of milk and, even worse, out of lettuce. Lettuce, as I am sure that you know is the treat of choice for our Chelsea. Being as she is a sick little girl, we don't want to run out of her treats. She actually does not seem particularly ill unless you realize that she is going potty and inordinate number of times and unless you see the drops of blood in the snow. She also sleeps very deeply and a lot. Well, by the day after tomorrow, the infection should be under control.

The ladies of Blessed Trinity are going to make a quilt for raffle at the Celtic Faire in September. I already have 6 of us that are willing to make the squares so we have a good beginning. We will purchase base fabic to give to every participant and they can make any square they want, adding whatever other fabrics they want. A true group quilt.

I have a desk full of kitties again. Between them and the computer, I had to go out into the dining room to the table to be able to spread out the information I needed to decide what kind of supplement I will need to Medicare. On May 1, I will be on Medicare. It starts the first day of your birth month and I will be 65 in May. I remember, when I was a little girl. I would think - I will be 60 in the year 2000 and it seemed SO far away. And here I am, already 5 years beyond that. Wow.

Figuring out those supplements is a real challenge. But I think I have it.

I will share a winter poem I wrote a while ago. I might have sent it to a contest, but am sure you won't tell.

WINTER CHILL




If today I see the sun should shine
God is in the warming rays.
And fills the center of my mind
With comfort through the day.
Sun on snow creates a glare
That hurts the eyes at times
But if a choice of cloud or glare
I'll take the sun that shines.
Rambling o'er the winter crust
Wandering through the snow
My breath like fog with little puffs
Accentuates the way I go.
Ice and snow on everything
Deny the future warmer spring.

Have a good Wednesday.

Mary




























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































-

No comments: