Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Tonight, Bobbie and I had to attend a board meeting of Rhine Plymouth to discuss the fact that some members don't show up for their work hours. Typical of all clubs but we do need to try to alleviate the problem if for no other reason than to stop the bitching.

Dennis Behr reminded me that we are going rabbit hunting on Sunday. Jeff, Randy, Kenny and me and Dennis and his brother, Donald and Leroy, a friend of Jeff and Randy and Vic. Vic is different. Dennis tells me that Vic was a heavyweight wrestler at one time. He also coached for about 20 years. He looks like a wrestler actually, though Dennis tells me that he has gone into weightlifting and looks better now than when he wrestled because he does not have a pot belly any longer. Anyway, tomorrow, I had better check my ammo, gun and other gear.

I made a pretty good turkey chili for lunch today. It is simple.

Turkey Chili

1/2 Lb. Ground Turkey
1 Cup onion chopped
2 cup peeled chopped plum tomatoes
1/2 cup lima beans
1/2 cup red beans
1/2 cup corn
1 Tblsp. Chili powder
Pepper
1/2 cup salsa

Brown turkey with onion, add remaining ingredients and simmer for about an hour.

Serve in a cup with a dollop of sour cream and about a tablespoon of salsa on top.

Really good and look how healthy.

Love

Mary

No comments: