Saturday, February 05, 2005

We went to the Symphony tonight. It was excellent. The Youth Symphony, composed of the best young people from all around the county, played Prelude from Die Meistersinger by Handel first. Then we heard Dances Op. 64 from Grieg. The second half, the Symphony was joined by a pianist named, Michael Chertock who is really gifted. He generously played his two Concertos, then gave us two encores.


Wow.

I went to the 5:00PM Mass to sing. and we are singing tomorrow at the 10:30AM also. Mother says I am "very holy". Wait til next week. I have to speak at all three masses and am still trying to figure out how to get to the 5:00 on Saturday because that is also the Wild Game Dinner. I am planning on going to give my talk and coming back. Don't tell Dick. He will say that it will make me too tired. But I don't care.

I am making venison stew and I believe will add Over the Rainbow Mac and Cheese for the vegetarians. Since Friday is the first Friday in Lent and I won't be eating meat on Fridays, I can make it for our Dinner and just make two small instead of one big casserole.

A group called Lyra from Russia is coming to do a concert for us on April 21. They are doing to do the concert for their rooms, breakfast and for the free will offering at the concert which will be in church. Such a deal. I have heard them on their website and they are wonderful. They will be singing religious and Russion Folk music. I must talk to Beth. We can perhaps either cook or take them out for dinner that night.


Lots to plan

Happy Sunday.

Mary



No comments: