Thursday, February 03, 2005

Choir tonight. We sang A LOT, as we are getting ready for Ash Wednesday, our normal Sundays and a concert at Emmanual Lutheran Church that we are joining the weekend after next.

Next Wednesday IS Ash Wednesday already. It is early this year so Easter will be in March.

I can do my taxes next week. The last document arrived today. Yippee. I want to get that over with as soon as possible. With any luck we will get back what we paid in, or part of it and maybe we can squeeze in another trip.

The Catholic Herald had forty suggestions for things to do during the 40 days of Lent. I will have to keept them and see how many of them I can work into the season. It would be a lot better than giving something up. Remember, all you Catholics, giving up candy for Lent. I found out the other day that Sundays were supposed to be free days. Nobody told me that - I gave it up for the whole forty days. What a waste of Sundays.

I am now old enough that I don't have to fast anymore, but will anyway. It is not so hard on just two days. I just have to remember to only have one FULL meal and not eat meat on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. Of course, during Lent the family will have meatless Fridays. They don't care anyway. I fix good fish, vegetable and pasta dishes anyway.

A week from Saturday is the Wild Game Dinner. I am fixing venison stew and I believe I will make either Over the Rainbow Macaroni or Chili Rellano Casserole for the vegetarians. We have two now - Nora and Erin.

Til Tomorrow

Mary

No comments: